About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Abstract Competition Groom Expo 2015

The Abstract Competition was once again held Saturday night at the Best in Show Dinner.

We all gathered in the hallway outside of the Ballroom waiting to be lined up to go in.
I took that opportunity to go around and try to get a picture of all of the dogs.
Sadly, I was so worried about having enough time to do this that I forgot to check the setting on my camera, so some of the pictures came out a little blurry.
I also missed getting a picture of a couple of the dogs because they arrived as we were being lined up to go into the ballroom.

Here are the pictures that I did get.
I am sorry that I did not get everyone's name. 





This one was a dragon theme.

Sorry the picture is blurry.







This abstract design was taken from the groomers dress.



 This is a kitty.

I am sorry it is so blurry.

This was a very pretty, laid back kitty.

The design was pretty cool.

I wish that it showed up better.








I am sorry that I don't remember the theme behind this abstract design.






I loved this one.

You can't see it, but the black design also goes down one side of the neck.







This is one side of the design on  this Poodle.








This is the other side.







Very simple and pretty cool.

That is one way to put abstract on a dog without messing up the cut.





This was a different take on abstract.

I thought that it was very pretty.





There were two other dogs whose pictures I missed getting.
There were 16 entries in total.

We all took turns walking down the runway and presenting our dogs to the Judge.
After we had walked past the Judge twice we went back into the hallway.
They called out the names of the top 6 dogs that the Judge wanted to see again.

Guess what?

I was one of the six!!

I couldn't believe it.

Below are the top six that the Judge wanted to see again.
Oh, by the way, I already knew who was going to place.
I was sure who the top three were.
The designs were so good.
I was pretty sure who was going to be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
I was also sure that I was not one of them, but I was very happy to be in the top six. :-)



This dog was groomed by Lori Craig.

The theme was Dream catcher.

Isn't that work amazing?






This dog was groomed by 
Misty Gieczys.

Her theme was an abstract design using the Breast cancer ribbon design.

Very pretty.






This dog was groomed by Angela Kumpe.

I don't know what to say other then Angela is an amazing creative groomer.









The next set of pictures are of my guy 'Hunter'.
His pictures were also blurry, so I am using pictures that I took in the parking garage right before the competition and pictures when we got back to the hotel room that night.




In the parking garage.

I wanted an Irish theme but messed up the design I wanted to copy onto his coat, so I ended up making up my own design on this side of his body.







Maybe this picture shows it a little better.

Maybe not...




The other side was a simple shamrock.

Ignore the look on his face, he could not understand why I was standing him on the bed to take a picture. lol





This dog was groomed by Cindy Oliver.

I think that she said that her design was one she got off of the internet.

Beautiful work!







This dog was groomed by Adriane Pope.

It was a stunning design.







So, you want to know who won right?








1st Place winner. 



                                                     2nd Place winner




                                                                          3rd Place.






Yes, me!!
I placed!
Third place!
I could not believe it.
The Judge told me that she loved the simplicity of my design.

Oh, I was right about two of the other winners.
I just knew that they were going to place as soon as I saw their dogs.
I did not predict that I was going to win. lol

But, I am very happy that I did!




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lisa! I am so happy for you! The competition was definitely top-notch... you have a lot to be proud of.

    I so enjoy reading your entries. I know you're very busy, but when you get a chance to post, I always look forward to reading what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete