About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Disclaimer Needed

After a recent comment that I received, I feel that I need to place a Disclaimer on my blog.

I write this blog for the enjoyment of it.
It helps me to whined down at the end of the day.
If my posts and stories help my fellow groomers...great!
If my pictures and descriptions of my grooming help other groomers...wonderful!
If some of my fellow groomers don't like the way that I groom....that is okay too.

I have placed my Disclaimer at the top, right side of my page.

As I have said before in many of my posts I am open to suggestions from other groomers on ways to improve my grooming.
As far as I am concerned, you never learn everything, there is always something more to learn.
My way of grooming may not be another groomers way of grooming.
That is fine.
Everyone should groom the way that they are comfortable with, and what works for them to keep the pet in their care as safe as possible.

Pet safety should always be a groomers number one priority.

Happy Grooming, MFF


7 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying your blog since I came across it several months ago. I have a shop in NJ and have been grooming for 24 years. My assistants think I am secretly writing it, as I have encountered every single scenario you've blogged about at least a dozen times in my shop. I also have a very similar philosophy and style of grooming that you do. Hard to imagine that you feel you needed to include a disclaimer on this site. Clearly it is meant for sharing ideas and thoughts, and a way to connect with other groomers in this difficult field of work. If they disagree, they don't have to read it. Blog on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure what the comment was, but I hope it does not keep you from blogging. I love your stories and pictures! I check in every week or so.

    Camille S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anonymous and Camille,
    I plan to continue blogging, and hopefully help other groomers and sometimes make them laugh.:)
    Lisa, MFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too completely enjoy your writing and your info. Do not be put off by someone's need to be negative. Many times I have thought about writing a note and thanking you for a great article or helpful tip etc however never said anything. But this time I felt it necessary to say, keep up the great work. It makes me feel good to know I am not the only one dealing with crazy people and their spoiled dogs. It seems the norm for groomers to knock others doing the same work? Thankyou for sharing your positive attitude. Danita A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Danita,
    Thank you for your comment, AND for reading my blog. You are right about some groomers knocking other groomers, especially ones that work close to each other. I have never understood that. There are enough dogs to go around. We should be banding together and helping each other out.
    Anyway, the comment that I referred to was not knocking me, the groomer just very strongly disagreed with the way that I scissored around the eyes, and felt strongly that I should change before I hurt a dog.
    I understand that every groomer is not going to agree with the ways that I groom. Her comment was worded strongly enough that I felt I needed the disclaimer, but it has not deterred me from writing, although the busy summer grooming is making it harder for me to have the time to blog lately. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your blog and I am inspired following it. This will help groomers to improve more and enjoy their work. I like the pictures you have shared with us and this will be useful for them.

    ___________________________
    cat boarding adalaide

    ReplyDelete