About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Yah! This week is over

Saturday.
The end of a very strange week.

Saturdays have turned into our calm days.
Saturdays are for our regulars.
Mainly because Saturdays are the most requested grooming day, and for years now my Saturdays have been booked a year in advance.
The only way a new customer can get on a Saturday schedule is if a customers pet passes away and they are not getting another dog.

Saturday's are calm because all of the regulars are on 4, 6, and 8 week grooming schedules.


They are rarely matted.
They are well behaved dogs because they are groomed often.

This is 'Patches'.
He gets groomed every 6 weeks.

This is a picture of 'Patches' after his bath and blowdry.
He looks good to me, even though he hasn't had his hair cut yet.





This is 'Patches' all ready to go home.

Nice easy grooms on a Saturday.

So, Saturday was going really well.
We were making great time.




As I figured the Self-Serve was busy also.

The last Saturday before Christmas.

Everything was running smoothly in the Self-Serve also.

Until...


These two little Tasmanian Devils walked in the door with their Dad.

These little Rugrats have been in before... a few times!
Don't get me wrong, I like little boys.  
I gave birth to two of my own, but my boys were taught to behave themselves when we were out.
I can not begin to describe what happens when this customer brings his boys into my Self-Serve.
This Dad has absolutely no control over these boys.


They are 3 and 5 years old, and they can rip our place apart faster then you can blink.
The noise that comes out of those two is unbelievable.
I had to apologize to our two other Self-Serve customers that were bathing their dogs at the same time.

Their Dad is clueless.
We ask him not to let the boys climb on the dog steps and our chairs, but he just looks at you with a blank expression on his face.
He is a nice man, but his boys need to stay home until they learn to behave out in public.
This was a crazy ending to a crazy week.

Next week WILL be better.  :)

Happy Grooming, MFF

No comments:

Post a Comment