About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Monday, December 20, 2010

New Conditioner

Saturday, my last dog of the day was 'Teddy', an American Eskimo.


I have been grooming 'Teddy' for many years now.
He gets bathed, brushed out, and Hand scissored, all feathering nice and tight.
'Teddy' has Thyroid issues that have caused him to lose all of the hair on his rear, tail and some hair around the neck.

He also has the kind of  coat that does not release the double coat.
His coat is very thick and very hard to get a comb through.
I usually use Best Shot Shampoo and Best Shot Creme Rinse on him, then HV him.
'Teddy's' coat still requires quite a lot of brushing after the bath, and even though I am able to run a comb through his coat to hand scissor him, the comb does not glide through his hair easily.
It drives me crazy.
It also makes it very hard to get a nice smooth hand scissor finish.

My son bathed 'Teddy'.
I told my son to, once again, use the Best Shot Shampoo and Creme Rinse on him.
I also complained about how the Best Shot didn't seem to work as nicely on 'Teddy' as it did on all of my other double coated dogs.

When my son brought 'Teddy' to me after he finished bathing and blow drying him, he told me that he used the New Best Shot Creme Rinse.
New?
Oh, yeah...the Best Shot Ultra Max...I forgot about that.

Wow, what a difference, and what a great job it did.


I had gotten a couple of free, small bottles of the New Ultra Max with my last Best Shot order to try.
We have used it on a few different dogs, and really liked it.
It also has a great smell.
I had kind of tucked it away on the shelf, because I had two, 5 gallon bottles of the original Best Shot Creme Rinse to use.

I was so happy that my son remembered the new creme rinse.

'Teddy' was soooo much easier to brush out.






The comb glided through his hair better than it ever has.







The comb did not get caught up in his hair, and made the hand scissoring  much smoother.



There is not a lot of difference in 'Teddy's' before and after pictures, because his hair no longer grows back normally.

I will be ordering a few gallons of Ultra Max after Christmas.
I really recommend that you at least try it for yourself.
I think you will be happy with it.

'Teddy' was a great test coat for this new creme rinse.
I look forward to trying it out on other coats, I just have to buy some more first. :)

Happy Grooming, MFF

No comments:

Post a Comment