About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Grooming Table

I moved it again!
I am one of those people that just can't leave well enough along.
About every 6 months I need to rearrange something.
My Bedroom.
My Living Room.
My Computer area.

My Grooming Table.

I moved my Grooming Table  again today.
It has been in about 4 different places in my shop.

Against the wall.
By the window.
In the middle of the room.
My table has been in each one of these places at least a half a dozen times in the last 10 years.

Well, today I moved it back in front of the window again.
I like being by the window, because of the extra light.
I seem to need as much light as possible now a days.
The old eyes aren't what they used to be.

I had kennels in front of the window so that my dogs could look out during the day...
they rarely did.
I was in front of this window a year ago, but I got tired of  people tapping on the window.
So I moved back to the middle of the room, next to my daughters table.
That worked fine, but it was just a little too cramped.

And I need light.
A lot of light.
Oh, I said that already.

So, now I am in front of the window again.
I will shoot the first person who taps on my window.
No, I won't.

Yes, I will.

Can't they see I have sharp tools in my hand.

Anyway, I am trying it again.

I like being in my own little corner.


I really like the dresser I got from Ikea last year.
Of course I have already filled all of the drawers.

Note to self: Clean out your drawers.

I also bought some new lights to put next to my grooming table.

Of course the window light is not enough.
I think I am going blind.
Note to self #2: Go to eye doctor.


I put the track lights on either side of my table.
I like the lights because each individual light can be moved all around.
I can aim the light right where I want it.
Oh, and the lights also have a dimmer.

Please excuse the backboard on my table.
It has seen better days.
That is my next project.
Note to self #3: Make new backboard for my table.


This is where my table used to be.


Can't wait to start grooming in my new area.
I know, I was there before.
But that was a year ago.
Just let me pretend that it is a new area.
It helps make me feel ready to groom again.
Try it.
Happy Grooming, MFF

2 comments:

  1. We have something in common. I would rearrange the entire house once a month if I could.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    When my husband and I got our first house I drove him crazy rearranging the living room every couple of months. Especially when I married a man who does not like change. :)

    Lisa,MFF

    ReplyDelete